The Purchasing Assistant will be helping with all activities related to the purchasing of materials and supplies for the effective operation of the company.
Providing strategic direction and guideline to the hotel in all areas of purchasing as per The Boma Hotels standards.
The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
* Ensure accurate tracking of all items received and issued.
* Ensure proper communication with the Departments with regards to inventory levels and management.
* Analyze previous purchases to predict future purchasing needs.
* Generate weekly and monthly reports on key performance indicators, such as inventory movement and volume, product overages and dead stock reports; stock rotation and wastage reports.
* Monitor expiration and stock rotation.
* Working with the Departmental Heads, preparing orders and order all products through the procurement system
* Work directly with the Departmental Heads to ensure our items master list is maintained and proper inventory levels established
* To adhere to all environmental policies and procedures as required.
* Manage inventory variances through the purchasing system.
* Ensure that the department works closely with the Chef and the Food & Beverage Manager to purchase the highest quality product while constantly searching for the lowest price.
* Assist management with obtaining competitive price quotations and confirm purchase availabilities.
* Provide the Controller with a monthly summary of outstanding purchase orders for goods and services received, but not yet invoiced, prior to month-end, as detailed in the Policy & Procedure Manual.
* Assist the Accounts Payable in researching any discrepancies on invoices.
* Ensure that all storage areas are secure, clean and properly organized.
* Coordinate purchases related to capital projects with the corporate Purchasing Department as well as outside contractors.
* Other duties as assigned
* Degree in Purchasing & Supplies Management, Procurement or related from a recognized institution.
* At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position in a Hotel set-up.
* Professional qualification in Procurement/ Purchasing and Supplies Management from a recognized Institution.
* Membership to the relevant Procurement/Purchasing body e.g. KISM
* Familiar with the purchasing procedures and relevant legal requirements
* Excellent coordination, reporting, communication, interpersonal skills, time management and organizational skills
* Strong analytical, negotiation and networking abilities
* Very active in product sourcing and purchasing methodologies.
* Good computer data entry skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office / Microsoft Excel.
* Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
* Self-motivated and willing to work under minimal supervision.
* Able to work in stores and stock procedures.
* Experience with inventory control systems, ERP software, and procedures strongly preferred.
* Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
* Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
* Communication and leadership skills
* Ability to meet Key performance indicators
* Guest/suppliers oriented and service minded
* Demonstrate ability to motivate and manage diverse suppliers.
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Purchasing Assistant – Eldoret) to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday, 31st May 2018.
P.O. Box 26601-00100 (Nairobi) or 9208-30100 (Eldoret)
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Job disclaimer and notification: The Boma Hotels is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview..